I have experienced the same problem. I worked around it by
running Krita as a separate process and sharing it's window as a
whiteboard. But obviously that is not the same thing as a whiteboard
and cannot be used for collaborative editing.

A more serious Zoom related problem for me is that when I share a
window, the floating toolbar is not shown. After sharing once,
I'm stuck until somebody takes over the share, or the meeting is
ended. Has anyone seen the same issue? I found a work around for
that though, if I first share the Whiteboard, the floating
toolbar is shown. I can then do New Share, and the toolbar still
stays visible.

As I have a subscription to Zoom I opened an issue to them about
it, but I'm not sure if it's a zoom problem or an fvwm
problem.The same scenario works under Gnome.

Regards,