On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 07:50:32PM +0530, Mandar Mitra wrote:

> Hmmm, I'm not sure what has changed, but the instructions I had written about
> earlier (from
> https://forum.manjaro.org/t/zoom-whiteboard-does-not-work/131178) seem to be
> working now. Specifically:
>
> 1. Start Zoom.
> 2. Run "xcompmgr -c -l0 -t0 -r0 -o.00" in a terminal.
> 3. Start the whiteboard. I can now draw, change colour, etc.
>
> As suggested in the Manjaro forum page, I'm thinking of putting this
> in my .xsession now.

I tried it. It works, thanks a lot. All I needed was a vanilla

    xcompmgr

(I didn't need any fancy shadows with -c).

Now that it works I realize how bad the quality of the Zoom whiteboard
drawing is. I use xournal++ normally, which yields much better results
(but isn't collaborative).

GI

--
What happens when you eat too many spaghettiOs? You have a vowel
movement.