On Wednesday, December 29th, 2021 at 9:00 PM, Bob Crochelt <rf...@fastmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Miroslav:
> Thanks for this.  Is there a package that can be installed without compiling
> on Fedora 31?
> Bob Crochelt

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, Fedora has pretty much rapid release cycle. 31 is pretty much
old now.
I have made F34 and Suse RPMs in github release assets among deb and arch
package on
my NsCDE testing virtual machines. Supporting Debian is easier, it works out of
the
box on Ubuntu VM too, which I rarely boot. What I have heard, but not tested
yet,
Fedora 35 even broke X11 utils and libs in a bunch of 1-file packages so the
spec
file for RPM that I have made and ifdef-ed to rpm-build on redhatoids and Suse
in the
same time will probably break on F35 without new ifdefs in build and runtime
dependencies.

This below is a bad practice, but this one should not break anything: you can
probably install it with "rpm -ivh --nodeps --force NsCDE-2.0.fc34.x86_64.rpm
[1].
NsCDE really does not have much binary parts: if the "fpclock", "colorpicker"
and
(if using FVWM 2.X) "XOverrideFontCursor.so" are not binary compatible, you can
replace them by the old binaries from NsCDE 1.X series. They are unchanged. You
can find them all in /usr/lib64/NsCDE/Linux_x86_64/ after installation.

[1] If you are sure you are not missing some Python 3 packages and really needed
things which should be available even in very old distors.

--
Miroslav