> I have a weird problem on my laptop

I would also be asking on the hardware side.  You mentioned releasing
a mouse button after dragging a window.  Is this a physical button on
a USB mouse, or a physical button on touch pad, or a touch pad with a
down, up, down, drag motion?  Especially the last I've seen touch pad
behavior where a drag to the edge will lock the drag down for you to
reposition your finger to continue the drag.  That sounds like the
behavior you are describing, in which case has nothing to do with
fvwm, look at the touchpad settings to see if you can change it if you
want to, or just have an explanation.

--
David Fries <da...@fries.net>