On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 03:18, Jules Alberts wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Recently I upgraded (actually reinstalled) two workstations from RedHat
> 7.3 to 9. First thing to do afterwards was installing FVWM. The problem
> is that one machine runs just fine, the other one has a problem with
> the default RedHat mouse cursors. In 24b color mode the mouse is OK,
> but the display is _slow_. In 16b mode, the mouse leaves "traces". I
> think it has something to do with alpha (transparant) parts of the
> mousecursor bitmaps.
>
> I know this probably isn't an FVWM problem, but does anybody know how I
> can solve this? (Google wasn't my friend)
>
> Thanks!

Is this happening with the old 2-color bitmapped cursors that X has had
for ages, or the newer (more colorful) cursors that appeared in XFree
4.3 (which support full alpha channels.)

If it's the latter, the cursors may be slow on video cards that can't do
hardware alpha blending.  You can switch back to the older cursor style
by putting the following lines in your Xresources file:

Xcursor.theme: core
Xcursor.size: 16

--
Ben Winslow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>