* Thomas Adam
| Given that I too have that function defined, I fail to see why your
| version of Firefox is causing it to be run, whereas mine is not,
| despite the fact that we both have the same versions.

I have configured firefox to open new urls in a separate tab instead
of a new window, just in case it matters...

 (Preferences -> Tabs -> Links from other apps -> new tab in last active window)

Probably it's the SUSE/1.5.0.6-1.4 Firefox/1.5.0.6 version which is
compiled with special options.  Or whatever...

fvwm itself says:

    % fvwm2 -V
    fvwm 2.5.18 compiled on Sep 18 2006 at 11:36:02
    with support for: ReadLine, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM, Xinerama, XRender,
XFT, NLS

I don't see any mention of EWMH there though the manpage says it
should be listed:

       -V | --version
              Prints  the  version of fvwm to stderr.  Also prints an informa-
              tion about the compiled in support for readline, rplay,  stroke,
              xpm,  png, gnome hints, EWMH hints, session management, bidirec-
              tional text, multibyte characters, xinerama and Xft aa font ren-
              dering.

R'