Sometimes I want my xterms to "full screen" in X. Similar to PuTTY's
alt-enter full-screen behavior on win32 platforms.

So I have a style defined that removes the borders from an xterm and
resize is to full screen.

The problem  is that the Style command does not go into effect for the
current xterm, but subsequently created ones.

This is not too much of a problem, since I use screen, so I just
detach from that particular xterm, close the xterm, and then start a
new xterm.

Is there any way that I can have the Style command go into effect immediately?

Thanks in advance.