> Message du 02/07/10 à 07h39
> De : "Thomas Adam" <tho...@xteddy.org>
> A : debianu...@voila.fr
> Copie à : fvwm@lists.math.uh.edu
> Objet : Re: FVWM: Juste a little problem to get fvwmbuttons at the right place
>

> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 05:18:16AM +0200, debianu...@voila.fr wrote:
> > Hi
> > I use fvwm 2.5.26 and
> > I try to put fvwmbuttons in the bottom and in the middle of my screen
> > in a calculated way.
> > I tried this:
> > PipeRead "echo *FvwmButtons: Geometry +$$(($[vp.width]/2-$[w.width]/2))
> > +$$(($[vp.height]-$[w.height]))"
>
> Assuming your MUA didn't wrap this, your PipeRead should be all on one line.
First of all, thanks for all of you who answered my question and please excuse
me if I sent my message two times but I got a mail delivery error message.
Weird...
So, that line was all on one line: I use a bad webmail which does not
automatically cut
lines :-(.

> > and this (as explained in the FAQ (7.14)):
> > DestroyFunc PlaceWindow
> > AddToFunc PlaceWindow
> > + I ThisWindow Piperead "echo Move +$(( $[vp.width]/2-$[w.width]/2 ))p
> > +$(( $[vp.height]/2-$[w.height] ))p"
>
> Likewise here -- this *has* to be on one line, otherwise your PlaceWindow
> function will tell you you're missing a field.
Same explanation as above...;-)

> > DestroyFunc StartFunction
> > AddToFunc StartFunction
> > + I Module FvwmButtons
> > + I Next (FvwmButtons) PlaceWindow
>
> This isn't right either, because it's likely PlaceWindow won't get run at
> the right time, you really mean:
>
> AddToFunc StartFunction
> + I Module FvwmButtons
> + I Wait FvwmButtons
> + I Next (FvwmButtons) PlaceWindow

Yes, I thought I should have used the Wait command, thanks.
> Note here two things as well (in no particular order):
>
> 1.  Using an alias of FvwmButtons here is disasterous, because *all*
> instances of FvwmButtons would get shifted to some predefined location --
> use a better alias name for your FvwmButtons.
>
> 2.  Use FVWM version 2.5.30, and you can forget the above in lieu of:
>
> Style some_better_fvwmbuttons_name InitialMapCommand PlaceWindow

Yes but I use Debian Lenny...
> Finally (and it is a little bit too early here for me), are you sure your
> maths is correct?  Looks a bit wonky to me.
Of course not: I did a try with a constant just to verify something and when I
copied-pasted this line to its first version, I didn't see the "/2", so
the right thing is:
+$(( $[vp.height]-$[w.height] ))p instead of
+$(( $[vp.height]/2-$[w.height] ))p

> -- Thomas Adam
Phil.

> --
> "Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
> not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)

 Nul en foot ? Toutes les informations pour impressionner votre entourage sont
sur http://actu.voila.fr/evenementiel/Mondial-2010/