On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 9:43 PM Ronald F. Guilmette
<r...@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> First, the icon used to repreesent minimuzed Firefox windows is
> substantially larger than t was for the prior version(s) of fvwm
> that I had been accustomed to using.  Since I tend to have a LOT
> of different brwosers windoes open and minimized on my screen,
> this is likely to cause me some consternation, over the long run.
>
> So, is there an alternative minimized icon available for Firefox?

Fvwm doesn't come with a set of icons. Fvwm will honor the apps icon
that it provides via EWMH standards. This is also the case for xterm
or any other program.

If you don't like the icon provided by the application you can
configure fvwm to use custom icons via the Icon Style (or
WindowStyle). For example if you find a firefox icon and put it in
your ImagePath, you can tell fvwm to use it for firefox as follows:

Style firefox Icon firefox.png

(you could also just use a full path for your icon specification).

If you like the minimized window look, there are some custom functions
that do this using imagemagick to create an icon image and use it.

https://fvwmforums.org/wiki/Tips/ThumbnailsAsIcons/

jaimos