On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 5:14 PM Ronald F. Guilmette
<r...@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> In message <20190530185519.b4840320...@apps1.cs.toronto.edu>,
> Chris Siebenmann <c...@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
>
> This seems like such a simple thing.  I just want the Firefox icon smaller.
> given all fo teh obvciously massive configurability of Fvwm, I have to
> believe that there -must- be a simple solution to this fairly trivial
> little problem.  And I'm holding out hope that somebody will just tell
> me what it is.

I gave you a simple solution. Go find a firefox icon you like (google
firefox icon and you'll have plenty of choice) and if it is a .png
resize it to the size you want. If it is an .svg you can just tell
fvwm what size to make it then use the Icon style.

In general that is the best way in my experience is just tell fvwm
what icon you want to use. Not try to extract this icon from the EWMH
spec.

jaimos