are you using dhcp for all the internal clients that did not reply?
are you using dhcp for all the internal clients that did reply?
if so are your internal hosts looking to .253 or .252?
make sure they (the internal hosts) all look to .253 for thier dg and set
.253's dg to be .252(.)
...you'll have to figure out the mass reboot or release-renew for every dhcp
client on your own...

looks like some of your internal hosts may be looking to your new (gateway)
firewall for a default route and some of them are looking elsewhere.  the
ones that are replying to your external pings are (probably) looking at the
gateway, those that aren't are either looking to reply via a different (old
gateway IP??) router or are oblivious to the existence of (a route
through...) the gateway your installing and how to reply.
the fact that .253 is on the list of 'didn't's and not the 'did's convinces
me...
do the other networks reply?
when/if you reply copy the entire:

route -p print