VRRP monitored circuit can be used to move any or all interfaces over to
the backup firewall.  So it the internal side dies, everything is moved and
packets from the outside are automatically redirected to the backup
interface.  The key to this is the virtual IP that is the only IP the
outside routers know about, and it moves from primary to backup as
needed.  This works if you apply the same priorities to all interface
pairs.  It is possible to create a setup where the failure of interface A
can cause interfaces A, B, C to fail over, but leave interfaces D and E
still on the primary.  This can cause very odd problems, or can be very
useful if that is what you want.

hermit1