As a firewall admin, often you are required to identify
the administrater of remote systems.  This may because
these systems are scanning, proving, or attacking your
systems or networks.

Recently I came across an awesome utility that automates
this process, ipw.  This utility takes an IP address,
does whois lookups to the whois databases (ARIN, APNIC,
RIPE, etc) and determines the admin of the IP (if
possible).  Nothing like making life simpler :)

You can find this goody at
http://mjhb.marina-del-rey.ca.us/ipw/

I believe there is even an NT version, but I have
not tried it :)

Hope that helps ...

Lance Spitzner
http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/papers.html