I am setting up some new systems to act as firewalls (Ultra 10's - Solaris 7).
One of the first questions we thought about is - if we should install a graphics
screen and run X-Windows or just put a dumb vt100 and not run X-Windows.
Its basically a question of how much overload does running X-Windows use.
I personally don't mind, the systems are accessed remotely about 99% of the time
and they don't have the management part on so I'll throw the question out to the
people 'in the know'.
Does running X-Windows significantly slow up a Sun box?
Paul

C. Paul Simons
Corporate Network Services
IHS Energy Group, Englewood, CO.