-- keith Pope <mute.p...@googlemail.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 08:19 PM +0000):
> 29 Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matt...@zend.com>:
> > -- Antonio José García Lagar <a...@garcialagar.es> wrote
> > (on Thursday, 29 October 2009, 08:17 PM +0100):
> >> 2009/10/29 Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matt...@zend.com>
> >>

> >>     Ideally, we'll have both Doctrine 1.x and 2.x integration, for this
> >> very
> >>     reason - though likely as separate implementations (Zend_Doctrine,
> >>     Zend_Doctrine2). There are some commonalities between them that we can
> >>     leverage immediately (application resources, in particular), and others
> >>     that will require more collaboration between the two projects (e.g.,
> >>     shared cache objects and loggers, etc.).
>
> I must say its a shame that ZE is going, I thought it was too bigger a
> project for one person, not fair asking for that much commitment from
> anyone.
>
> Time to go back to using Doctrine then :( bye bye nice models.....

Take a look at Doctrine 2 -- Zend_Entity and Doctrine 2 shared a very
similar design, and the models are completely de-coupled.

> Do you think it would be a good idea to update the Quickstart guide
> now to not use the Data Mapper pattern and use doctrine instead?

Yes, once we have integration in place. ;)

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/