In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Yanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       You provide the course, I smack the balls.

I prefer (at least sometimes) to see golf worked out interactively, on the list.

Here's a hole:

A file has 0 or more fields on each line.
Fields are separated by 1 or more whitespace characters.
Leading and trailing whitespace should be ignored.
Comments (starting with # and continuing to the end of the line) should
be ignored.
A field may have surrounding double-quotes.  Such a field may contain # or
whitespace (but not ").  The surrounding quotes are themselves not part of
the field.  Any other use of a " has no special meaning (e.g.:
howdy, "partner# foo
is a line with two fields, 'howdy,' and '"partner').

Read the file and print the fields of each line separated by ':'.

I'll post my (far from optimal, I'm sure) solution in a little while.