> Somehow, hearing Damian shout "You will love the new syntax" at the last
> YAPC, wasn't enough. I still feel some animosity towards Perl 6; like its
> gonna take over Perl 5 completely. A feeling not very different from that
> I have towards Python!

If you enjoy debugging code that gets broken by people
using different editors on it then feel free to switch :-)

The majority of perl will be consistent with what it is
now: a pretty much free-format language that permits
stringent, well-designed code and fun.

Beyond which, we're liklely be able to "use perl5;" (or
something like it) and have the old stuff run as-is. It
would be better to leave the angst stage until the iniaial
versions come out, since there will certianly be any
number of changes 'tween now and then.

                                            +1 800 762 1582