"Griffith, Shaun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Abigail wrote:
>>> What am I missing?
>>

>>What you are missing is the new white space rule:
>>
>>    \s+{ }
>>
>>shall be always be a block. Hence the difference between
>>"%hash {foo}" and "%hash{foo}".
>
> So I take it readability is deprecated?
>
> For instance:
>
>       $some_nested_hash{very_long_descriptive_key}{another_key}...{last_key}
>
> can no longer be broken into multiple lines, like this?
>
>       $some_nested_hash{very_long_descriptive_key}
>                        {another_key}
>                        {last_key}

I *think* you can't do that as written. However, you can disambiguate
with

       %some_nested_hash{very_long_descriptive_key}
                       .{another_key}
                       .{last_key}

The '.' operator is optional in cases where there's no ambiguity, when
you have intervening spaces things start to get ambiguous, so use an
explicit '.'

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?