I have seen this several times--state law in Florida. The best I can find is this from the Miami Herald:

"Companies that sell insurance policies and provide service for policyholders, and the agents who represent them, must be licensed to do business in the state of Florida. This includes life, health, liability, accident and vehicle insurance coverage, plus extended warranties and service contracts for vehicles, household systems and appliances."

I looked at the Florida statutes, and they are very complex and restrictive. Apple and a lot of other companies just don't want to meet the requirements.

Gary

Ryan Lee wrote:
One peculiar thing, I tried to purchase the AppleCare Warranty and they said
they couldn't sell it to me. Some kind of state law. Has anyone heard of
this before? Can I just go online and purchase it? Although I've used Macs
since '89, this is my first "brand new" one and I want to get the warranty
'cause I plan on keeping this one a long time.