I looked at the Florida statutes, and they are very complex and

I am an Apple professional in the Tampa area. The real reason is that
Applecare can not be sold in Florida is that the elderly lobby in here has
very vocally opposed the marketing to them of insurance via salesperson or
telephone. They were too gullible/acceptive/getting-ripped-off/not

Have you ever read the FTC's accounts of telemarketed insurance scams in FL, though? Pretty outlandish stuff, and a lot of people have been bilked out of their life's savings.

What's the situation with trying to get homeowners' insurance extended to cover the computer?

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards http://www.zws.com/
Learn how to build high-performance embedded systems on a budget!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750676094/zws-20