>I personally see no reason not to let Dashboard call Apple. It is
>needed for some of the apps to update the info. I 'fixed' this easily.
>In the Little Snitch screen that comes up switch the boxes to "allow"
>this and click on "forever" . You will now rarely get this message and
>the apps will get the needed info to update . Updating software in the
>future can change this setting and you then will need to reset the
>message. Hope this helps. Will S
>
>On Sep 9, 3:52 pm, "Ernest L. Gunerius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  I have "Little Snitch" running all the time which allerts me when
>>  spam tries to home.
>>  And that is fine.
>>  But Dashboard annoyingly  and at seemingly random times tries to call
>>  Apple which triggers "Little Snitch" to interrupt everything I am
>>  doing to alert me.
>>
>>  The "Little Snitch" warning says:
>>  *********
>>  "dashboardadvisoryd"wants to connect towww.apple.comon TCP port 80 (http)
>>
>>  Showing Details I see:
>>
>>  IP address:
>>
>>  17.112.152.32
>>
>>  The Reverse DNS Name is:
>>  eg-www.apple.com
>>
>>  Established by:
>>  /system/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/dashboardadvisoryd.
>>
>>  Process ID 1907
>>
>>  It wants to call:www.apple.com& Port 80 TCP (http)
>>  ********
>>  Can I safely disable this feature in Dashboard and how would I do this.
>>
>>  Or is there some other way I can avoid being interrupted and still
>>  use Little Snitch to full advantage.
>>
>>  ErnieG

Thank you Will,

Sometimes my "paranoia" gets the best of me.

I'll do as you say.

The first week I turned on "Little Snitch"  it caught many sp*m
emails since then sp*m has been reduced to maybe 6 per day. I have
been surprised at how many of the Lists and sites I visit to want to
call back to as many as 3 and 4 sites unannounced except for LS.

ErnieG