At 12:17 PM -0400 9/25/2008, Dan wrote:
>At 12:29 AM -0500 9/25/2008, Kris Tilford wrote:
>>I sent a response tonight to the thread "Recent Finder Problem" at
>>7:50 PM and received my own response at 11:55 PM, a 4 hour 5 minute
>>delay.
>
>Kris, please forward that received response to me - with FULL headers.

Kris forwarded the headers to me.  Of note is:

eastrmimpi05.cox.net [...]
   Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:55:51 -0400

   Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

   Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:51:02 -0700 (PDT)

The lower header show when the relay received the message from Goggle
Groups and began fanning it out to its destinations.  The middle
header, in my copy of the message, shows it immediately going to a
Gmail server.  In Kris', it went to a relay system called
"vx-out-2122" - but took several hours to get there.  The higher
header is where the message was handed to cox.net - one second later.

So it looks like the delay was internal to Google, within their
Groups infrastructure.  vx-out was either down or too bogged to
accept the message...  Now much can be done about this, but we should
probably watch to make sure messages aren't being lost.

FWIW,
- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth