On Oct 12, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Dennis Myhand wrote:

> Rick King wrote:
>> Why is it that Mac stopped making decent keyboards and now sell utter
>> crap?  I just got done taking a hammer to yet another one of these
>> worthless usb abortions Mac switched to.  In the last year I have
>> gone through at least 6.  They just quit working.  I worked with that
>> one for some time.  It started typing two's all by itself so I
>> flipped it upside down and beat on it to make that stop.  Then it
>> starts in on 0's.  Then the caps lock key quits and half the letters
>> go.  I unplug it, plug it back in.  Reboot the whole machine.  Even
>> turning it upside down and pounding on the damn thing only does so
>> much.
>>

> I would suggest a cleaning method somewhat more gentle than beating
> the
> crap out of it.  No wonder the damn things quit working for you.
> If you
> did that to me, I wouldn't work for you either.

I prefer an Kurtzmann acoustic piano KB over my weighted-hammer
action yamaha motif es8 KB, partly, because its a percussion
instrument ... actual hammers and strings and all.

Maybe a drum set would satisfy part of the frustration ... save the
USB KBs for something more word-like and poetic ... I do agree,
though, they are a bit flimsy feeling ...

Ditto: If you did that to me, I wouldn't work for you either.

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio