On 10/15/08, Doug Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2008, at 8:30 PM, McGrude wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Stephen Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> OK, I updated tot he newest Firefox (2.0.0.17)
>>
>> Um... the latest Firefox is 3.0.3.
>
> I believe that's only for 10.4 and above.  He must be using Panther
> as I just booted up in 10.3.9 and my Firefox is also 2.0.0.17.  I
> think this thread is related to the one previously about Gmail.  If
> so, then perhaps the problem is he is using an older OS than everyone
> who is trying to help him.  Maybe that has something to do with his
> original problem.  Just a thought.
>
> Just a message from Doug...

Yes, it is an older OS. I have plans to pick up a machine soon with 10.4 on it.
Until then I am trying to solve this issue.
I did as all the various websites said to do (about:config, then to
the dom.max_script_run_time. The default setting is 20 (seconds), just
add a few more, raise it to 25 for instance. NOTE: It was actually 10
and I upped it to 20).
>From all the web searching I have done this problem goes back at least
to FF 1.5 (newest post on it I saw was FF 2.0.0.14)

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind;
to go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")