On Oct 16, 2008, at 12:54 AM, Brian Christmas wrote:

> The computer seems to boot, and the monitor light comes on (green)
> after a few seconds, but there's no picture.
>
> Would it be the radeon 7000 GC, or the monitor?

Do you have another computer to try the monitor on? That would rule
out the monitor. If not, what about another monitor to try on the
computer? Most laptops can drive a 2nd monitor, so that'd be an easy
way to test the monitor.

Does it give indications of a normal boot? Indications would be: HD
clatters normal amount of boot time, after HD stops, indicating boot
is completed, if you press the "Power" and "Return" keys on the
keyboard, does it shutdown normally? If it appears to boot completely,
I'd reset the PRAM/NVRAM and try again. If it's OS X, perhaps a
verbose boot would help, assuming you can see anything? I've never had
a video card go bad on me, and I've had a lot of video cards. I've had
a lot of monitors go bad, and a lot of HDs go bad, so I'd say the odds
favor a bad monitor, or bad HD, and not a bad video card.

Clark's suggestion of a dead PRAM battery sounds reasonable also. You
should have seen signs of this, the Date & Time would reset each
restart prior to total non-functionality. I'd try to test the monitor
first by booting a laptop connected to the monitor.