At 2:34 PM -0600 11/10/2008, Kris Tilford wrote:
>On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:38 AM, Dan wrote:
>  >> That's what happened. What I did was install "Dock Detox" for
>>>  Entourage from Unsanity.
>>
>>  gah.  What's the deal with Unsanity's haxie?  It seems to break a lot
>>  of things way too often!
>
>This is unfair.

We'll have to disagree.

>Unsanity products preform perfectly when used correctly.

>The problem here is that Amanda didn't read the instructions about
>"compatibility" on Unsanity's website. If she had, she would have
>seen that "Dock Detox" is incompatible with Leopard. I don't think
>it's Unsanity's fault

This isn't a simple app or plug-in failure.  This is farking with
enough of the underbelly that it is causing OS X to *NOT BOOT*
correctly.  This is has been a known issue for them for a long time!
A responsible programmer would have put appropriate sanity (sic)
checks in their code to make sure it DOESN'T LOAD if it's on an
unsupported configuration.

Farking a boot ONCE is forgivable.  ONCE.  But this is how many releases since?

I'm sorry.  While it's great for users to read release notes and
such... Programmers are responsible for making their code SAFE,
period.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth