Hey Dennis...

On 11/11/08 15:59, "Dennis Myhand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I put together a Sawtooth from spare parts I got from the swap list and
> now have it running Jaguar with 512 megs of RAM.  What I would like to
> know is, where do I get parts for this thing on the Internet?  What if I
> want to buy some more RAM?  What are the sites with memory and add-on
> cards for older, but still very useful, Macs?  Thanks, Dennis in Victoria

Is that Victoria, like... in Australia? Cool!

Anyway... I'm running a Sawtooth as my main machine. It's a little far from
its stock configuration.

I increased the RAM by cannibalizing some defunct peecees. Currently at 4 X
256 PC-133 - 1 GB.
The CPU is a Powerlogix G4/1.6 GHz obtained from OWC.
Internal hard drives (80 & 60 GB) are off the shelf units from Staples,
Office Depot, Radio Shack, etc...
DVD burner I got from a local computer repair shop. (Have to be careful...
Not all optical drives will boot a Mac.)
A USB 2.0 PCI card obtained from a local repair shop. (IOGear was the brand
name)
Until I bought Leopard (Which runs great!), I got my OS discs from eBay.

I'm guessing you are in Oz and may not have access to some of the retail
stores I mentioned, but I hope this gives you an idea of places to get toys
for your "toy"! ;-)

Amanda