On Nov 24, 2008, at 6:47 PM, glen wrote:

>>> Now from your post, I 'm thinking the jumper shunts I used may not
>>> have been connecting properly.
>>
>> They are so tiny, aren't they? The one I put into slot 4 was bent
>> slightly too tight on the inside middle area ... so after looking at
>> the others that I didn't mess with (5,6,7 ...), they were all nicely
>> shaped ... so I tried to reshape the one I had moved from 3 to 4.
>> That left 1, 2, 3 empty, 4 re-shaped and the rest untouched.
>>
>> I would suggest finding a source for new jumpers ...
>
> Exactly my thinking as well. t will do that when time permits.
>
> Thanks for your reply. --glen

I read in another G3-G5 thread that someone suggests switching to
individual jumpers (like the ones found on the ATA and older SCSI
drives ???), in lieu of the Jumper Block encasing the smaller, wire
only, jumpers.

I would worry about them falling off, but that might be a suitable
alternative if you cannot find the metal replacement ones for the
block ... let us know what you find.

So far, my Yikes! is still behaving great after a week or so of
moderate use.

Now wondering about going to 500 ...

Starting another thread about adding cpu fans.

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio