I'm having a time Uninstalling an M-Audio driver and its
particulars,  under 10.5.5 on my QS. I believe it is causing
additional blue screen freezes and kps at my Startup. The M-Audio
site claims the drivers are for 10.5.5 and PPCs like mine.

Its the QS Dual 1GHz, 1GB RAM I had a RAM problem with, now corrected
(minus .5GB)

FWIW: I may have changed the name of the computer after the
installation of Leopard, and after I installed the M-Audio driver.

At present, I cannot uninstall using their Uninstaller (M-Audio techs
claim I should be ok with it on my PPC under 10.5.5). I get multiple
Uninstall Log entries with  "Permission denied".

As a manual uninstall, I tried dragging the particular files to the
Trash, requiring Authentication, removing the PCI card, and trying to
reinstall from scratch ... but evidently I didn't get everything with
the manual uninstall, and its still confused. I get a blue screen
freeze most of the time on Startup, and it seems to be stopping at
the M-Audio Delta Helper app. I use to also get a kernal panic. I
tried Repairing Permissions, once also doing it from the Install DVD.

Have I really confused my OS X?

In order to clean things out, what do I need to remove, in addition
to the M-Audio files? some type of system plist file that gets
recreated if missing on Startup?

Perhaps I need to re-install (or Archive and Install ???) Leopard
altogether ... that would clear up any additional concerns, whether
founded or not, when I had the bad RAM experience.

Suggestions?

For more details on the issues, including copies of the Uninstall Log
file, see:
http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?p=17478&posted=1#post17478

Maybe this is related also. From the first few lines of a Startup
Log, I get this:

Nov 28 16:10:31 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl:
Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/chum.plist
also for dashboardadvisoryd.plist and pilotfish.plist.

It is followed by 3 of these:
Nov 28 16:10:31 localhost com.apple.launchd[1]
(com.apple.distccdConfigd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight

How do I correct this?

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio