I decided to clean up the loginwindow preferences since some of my
issues startup at the beginning of booting up. See documents located
at the Rember RAM test website:

http://www.kelleycomputing.net/documents/

It suggests removing system files:

mv /Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist    /Library/Preferences/
loginwindow.plist~
mv /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist    /Library/
Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist~

I did this (sort of) by dragging them to the Trash, and Restarting.

Net effect was to require me to Login with each Startup and / or
Restart.

Turns out, this seems to temporarily solve my Startup problem ...
things appear to be eventually loaded properly, no more kps, no blue
screen freezing.

What actually is happening is any bodies guess ...

Have any guesses?