Steve R wrote:

> Or check out the river rafting supply companies for new ammo boxes.
> The tight seals on the new boxes create enough of a 'vacuum' that you
> can hear the air being sucked into the box when it's first opened,
> regardless of the ambient temperatures. From personal experience I
> know the boxes are sealed tight enough to keep air and water out
> while the boxes take their own little side trip through Lava Falls.

You can get ammo cans from lots of places including local surplus stores.

But those ammo cans are often coated with a film of oil that protects
the ammo.  Make sure you clean it out thoroughly.  And I would drop in
some desiccant packs.

It doesn't create a vacuum, it just seals in the air.  Air moving in OR
out when you break the seal is due to differences in air pressure
between where it was sealed and where the seal was opened.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA