HiYa Pete,
   thanks for the tip on the 'Black' Fuji media. My only 'techie'
relative mentioned these to me over the weekend. He's been a mac
disciple since the begining having bought like the third one sold here
in Michigan way back when. He's a programmer, engineer, optics,
physics, etc etc etc expert currently doing his interdisciplinary
thing managing multiple projects at an aerospace company. He used some
of these Discs to send pictures and videos to his daughter across the
country, but during a visit carrying his shiny new MacBook Pro he
discovered their 'blackness' tripped up his drive. He said it was a
laser disperion problem - the discs read perfectly in his wife's older
ibook and his daughters pc's but choked in his MacBook.
  As incredibly wonderful these UV and Light defending discs are, they
might be a little to exotically engineered for my particular
application. I also intend for these discs to be in light tight
storage anyway and the benefits derived from the 'engineered
sunscreen' the black fuji's aren't really needed.

Has anyone heard of " Taiyo Yuden " the japanese cdr dvdr media
manufacturer?

I am bumping into postings, pages, and vendors, hailing their discs as
being the definite first choice for burning with. The postings are
religiously devoted and the ancedotes widely expressed by buyers and
audiophiles and such emphatically describe clean, consistent, and
accurate burned discs. They also describe consistently NOT burning
coasters when using the taiyo yuden media.

Richard