Ralph Green wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 21:13 -0800, aussieshepsrock wrote:
>

>> Has anyone heard of " Taiyo Yuden " the japanese cdr dvdr media
>> manufacturer?
>>

>  Taiyo Yuden is generally considered to be the best producer of media
> out there.  They are rarely the cheapest.  At one time, Taiyo Yuden
> manufactured the premium Fuji disks.  I don't know if they still do.
> The key to the stability of the Taiyo Yuden disk seems to be their
> consistency in their dye formulation.  It is usually the fading dyes of
> CDR and DVDR disk that cause them to become unreadable.
>  If you want a good deal on Taiyo Yuden, look in the stores for Fuji
> disks manufactured in Japan.  Those all seem to be Taiyo Yuden disks.
> Skip the ones made in other countries.
> Good luck,
> Ralph

As a side source to this discussion I was in Office Depot (Midwest City,
OK store) yesterday.
They were running a clearance on
Ativa
Gold
DVD+R
or
DVD-R
50 pack

price on shelf $14.00

price at register $10.50

I know nothing about the brand/media, but for that price it's worth
buying some to test.
 Now to go steal the external burner back from the kid.....