This is a great site but...

I have a G4 Aluminum Powerbook that I would like to put a larger HD such
as 160 GB or larger.

I was appalled at the lousy industrial design in Apple notebooks as
opposed to the pro level desktops.  Twenty-Two freakin' steps!  Might as
well be an iBook.

Compare this to the ancient laptop, (the one and only), produced by
Power Computing in 1997. It took all of six minutes to upgrade the HD in
it!  Superb industrial design.

I can certainly see where Applecare is a must if you buy their laptop.

I think that my next one will be a munged PeeCee notebook that will run
OS X.  At least it will be cheaper...

JT