Hi Eric,

The M-Audio drivers are buggy as hell. And the M-Audio support for
Macs is non-existent. The Rev. 7.1 card sounds very good anyway IMO.
You just have to fiddle about with the different M-Audio driver
versions. Open up the Apple System Prefs and the M-Audio Revolution
7.1app at the same time and click to and fro ...

I lost my card after a DVD-writer upgrade, no more digital out and had
to click and click, now my card works again and it sounds marvellous
connected to my Cayin DA-2 tube DAC.

Under Tiger the Digital Out of the card's Pref panel just showed the
max. upsampling rate which my DAC can't even use but it worked
anyway ...

Don't give up. The hardware is excellent. If it finds its way through
the labyrinth of the stupid M-Audio programmers' buggy software it
really shines.

I'm listening to the Rev. 7.1 under Panther at the moment, connected
to my trusty Cayin DAC, souped up with vintage Siemens/Halske CCa
tubes, fed into the fabulous vintage Pütz P2 preamp which feeds my
gorgeous vintage Esoteric Audio Research 549 power monos, souped up
with vintage Telefunken ECC85's and General Electric 5751 military
triple mica black plates from the 50s. Total bliss, get my drift?

Success! Kind regards from the Netherlands,

Jörg.