On 3/3/09 7:34 AM, dc of dbc...@verizon.net sent

> Like everyone else already said, a 4MX will run in a QS. I have one in
> a Digital Audio, a slightly older Mac. Make sure the card is seated
> correctly then press the reset button on the motherboard before you
> close up the case.
>
> On Mar 2, 11:16 pm, Dana Collins <dlcatft...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>> Hmm... I had a spare GeForce 4MX (32Mb) video card, pulled from an MDD/
>> 867MHz-DP unit.
>> For some reason it does not work in a Dig. Audio G4/733MHz.
>> Any reason why not? Would it work in a QuickSilver (DP @ 1GHz)?
>> (btw, it is a known good card).
>> Many thanks,
>> Dana

Hi there,
Thanks to DC and to fellow music warrior Bill for chiming in. Now my
"confession" - I am trying to get this card (and the host Dig. Audio) to run
OS 9.2.2 (for app. specific reasons; I got the spare G4, why not?).

Re-seated the card, reset the board, zapped the PRAM; now then, the card
actually fires up the monitor attached, but after the happy face with the
welcome to Mac OS9 logo, the mouse cursor disappears and the boot-up process
freezes; have to do a hard re-boot (reset button). As you may recall, in OS
9 you'll get the "You didn't shut your Mac down properly" window with Disk
Utility doing a quick fix - I get that; the card appears to work (it
displays properly), then when done, I click "OK" and the happy OS 9 face
appears and the unit freezes again. Nothing indicative of extension
conflict; just what appears to be hardware incompatibility. So, I am
thinking that an NVidia 4MX and a Dig. Audio just don't work (need a 2MX or
3MX) - hence my question.
Many thanks,
Dana