For use as my personal server I have a Digital Audio Powermac G4 533MHZ.
250GB, 80GB, 80GB 60GB HD's. 1.25GB Ram. Weird things are happening. I was
watching a movie and the screensaver started. I started the movie and again
and it didn't do it again. Then tonight I was going to copy a dvd and i went
to the program and in the process of scanning the dvd in the drive it froze
up. So I force quit and then it wouldn't open again. Then i relaunched the
finder which also completely froze up. I Did a hard restart and when it
started up i opened the program to copy the dvd. It opened but showed no dvd
drive. then i realized that the dvd drive and the hard drive that share the
same onboard ATA were not there! I restarted again. Nothing. I
have verified that the dvdrw drive isn't getting power or at least i can't
open it. Help would be greatly appreciated. I am actually going to be
replacing this computer with and Xserve soon.-Jonas