SOLVED_SOLVED_SOLVED

The problem is fixed now!

There was a compound issue of mis-labeled notes as to what the router
access password was and the encryption key password was. My lack of
routine use of these kind of items meant I didn't catch the 'obvious'
difference between the two based on size of the character string!

This fixed the 'invalid password' obstacle, but restarting & waking
from sleep still lost 'auto-login'.

There were a string of Campground 'Access points' they had used over
the winter clogging up the auto-login 'try' list in the network
control panel. Our home network was like #15 in the scroll list! I
dragged it to the top and voila all is well upon boot-up and wake-up.

Thanks,
Richard