Will dead/lack of a PRAM battery keep a Gigabit Ethernet G4 system
from turning on?

I took the  G4 offline in January, and set it down for 6 months. This
morning I went to clean it up and get it going, and plugged it all in
and....not a damn thing happens when I press the power switch. No
response at all.

I cannot locate my %...@$@# multimeter right now so I can't test the
battery, but I pressed the cuda, removed the battery for a while
pressed the cuda and tried restarting it. Nada. Same if I remove the
battery.

I know that low PRAM batteries can prevent booting in at least Beige
G3's, but I thought they  would all boot if there was no battery at all.

Anyone have a pinout of the switch cable? I'm wondering if I can
bypass the switch assembly, take at least ONE thing out of the loop
for testing, or is this just a dead PS? I've got some units I can part-
swap for testing, but they're at work, and I'm stuck at home today
waiting on UPS.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD