Bruce Johnson wrote:

> Now, I have the choice of running off to Radio Shack (< 1/2 mile
> away), getting the battery and thus missing my delivery,
>
> (based on the Quantum Delivery Services modification of the Heisenberg
> principle: "Any departure of the receiver from the delivery point will
> collapse the Delivery Arrival Uncertainty function to that point in
> time. Also the driver will accidentally run over your cat.")
>
> Or waiting for the delivery (which is normally around 5:30 in this
> neighborhood.) and waiting to get the stupid new media computer set up.
>
> (It's a shiny new teevee I'm waiting for...Costco currently has a
> ganga deal on a 40" LCD TV for $500)

Don't expect to git no stinkin' $9 battery from Radio Shack.  I think
that I had to pony up $14 a few years back when I was trying to revive a
comotose dual G4 500 Gigabit.

Toss the teevee, it'll only rot your mind, dumb down your kids and
otherwise cause consternation while yet, your G4 lies in a useless state.

But, you might try a few sharp slaps broadside which often reconnects
"severed" connections...

JT