There has been word with in some circles that Apple would support PPC
chips with Snow Leopard since day one. They have always been shouted
down by the unbelieving masses. The rumor is back and perhaps it's
even true. Don't shoot the messenger ;-) No longer really matters to
me as my main machine is an Intel HacMac and my PPC Macs are too old.
Word is also that SL went Golden Master yesterday(ready to send to the
DVD printers) So we will soon know for sure.

"Contrary to rumors that Apple would drop PowerPC architecture support
with its newest OS, a tipster and possible Apple insider was able to
get his hands on the most recent build of the yet-to-be released 10.6,
and found some evidence that Cupertino might be keeping the chip
alive."

http://gizmodo.com/5014251/source-os-x-106...t-powerpc-chips