Hello mlitwin3797!

I'd say a Quicksilver has more than reached the end of its lifespan. Show me
one other computer company that made a desktop computer for the mainstream
market that has lived for 8 years and is still (kind of) supported by the
latest operating system!

It's time to move on. Innovation doesn't arise from hanging on to old stuff.

Mac OS X 10.5 will be the last Mac OS that is running on PowerPC based Macs.
End of story.

For the Quicksilvers, the MDDs, and even the older Digital Audio and Gigabit
Ethernets, it was a great time! From System 7.1.2 to Mac OS X 10.5.8, that is
quite a lot of Apple history that runs on these machines.

The Power Mac G5's are the only Macs that have a *really* short lifespan,
considering that the latest G5 series ("Late 2005") was sold until August
2006, its only three years and the platform will be dropped with the upcoming
Snow Leopard.

So, if you're a Quicksilver user: be happy!

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250