On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Nestamicky wrote:

> On 8/29/09 12:53 PM, diane wrote:
>> Bruce rocks
> Like a rock band he rocks! I'm downloading now myself, but based on
> Diane's experience, I'd pitch in and say, yes, Bruce is a rocking,
> rocking rocker. Thanks Bruce, I thought OO left us PPC behind until
> now.
> Thanks!

Here's the link to a discussion on the Open Office boards explaining
why there's no official English 3.n version for (even though there are
thing's like a FInnish version that IS official)

<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=191470>

I believe they're being overtly lame in this process, and elsewhere in
the boards I've found people pointing out (quite rightly) that if you
bury the english/PPC versions deep in obscure places, you're not going
to get enough testers to make it official.

Also, I believe that there's nothing so processor dependent in the OO
code that the difference between the PPC and Intel versions are so
different as to require entirely different testing; after all it's the
localization issues that are holding it up and localization is not
processor dependent.

I suspect internal politics and a collision with Sun bureaucracy which
always tends to be a factor in corporate sponsored open source
development.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD