On Sep 28, 2009, at 11:31 PM, spiceyweasel wrote:

> Am I asking too much, really? I think it would open a
> whole new stream of revenue for Apple and make a lot of die hard old
> Mac fans very happy.

For a large number of reasons, not the least of which is that Apple is
not a components company, Apple will never do that. The support costs
alone would dwarf the paltry revenue that would come from this. Apple
wants to sell you a NEW computer. That's what they're in business to do.

But why re-invent the wheel. A little googling will show you how a
very large number of people have managed to install OS X on non-apple
equipment. Stuff a compatible intel board into the case (which will
require some modding, I'd expect) and bob's yer uncle, you have what
you want, without whinging for Apple to do it.

Apple is not going to allow people or companies to sell these things,
as, technically, a Hackintosh is not allowed under the EULA that comes
with OS X, but Apple's not hunting down individuals and suing them,
only companies that attempt to get into the business. (Pystar)

Buy a legal copy of OS X, don't steal it, head to the forums and go.
Google is your friend.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD