On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:31 AM, spiceyweasel <spiceywea...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I don't know about the rest of you, but I find my old trusty G4 tower
> and green, see-through iMac G3 to be more aesthetically pleasing than
> the newer, metallic offerings from Apple. Further, I am dismayed by
> the fact Apple has turned it's back on it's plastic past and not
> allowed we, the retro-digging users, to share the benefits of an Intel
> processed machine. Is it asking too much of Apple to release mother
> boards that fit our machines with some of the technical savvy their
> metal wrapped cousins enjoy? I'm not asking for something that will
> put my Power Mac G4 on par with a Mac Pro, but it would be nice to
> compete with a mini AND still have a little room for expansion. Give
> me a 2GHz Intel with, let's say.....8GB of RAM, space for three hard
> drives, perhaps dual layer super drive support or, better still Blu
> Ray capability? Am I asking too much, really? I think it would open a
> whole new stream of revenue for Apple and make a lot of die hard old
> Mac fans very happy. Heck, I even came up with an ultra mod, way cool
> logo! Come on Steve Jobs, let's do this!

I to am a Dreamer myself, and have wondered aloud here " why not'. To be
inundated by the "realists" refutation of any such scheme. The Corporate
Church must not be expected to give boons to the devotees.
Many on LEM will be happy to bore you with good rational reasons why this
will idea of Intel mobos for old Macs will NEVER happen. I will let them
work their magic in peace.

Perhaps though you would give some attention and money to plop a Mini mobo
or whatever you can afford  used into one of your beloved Macs and be proud
of the accomplishment.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com