--- On Tue, 10/20/09, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:
> > You might try reading what they are used with. As far
> as I know an LCD
> > will not work on a Apple IIc or a Apple
> II/II+/IIe/IIgs which is what
> > the second monitor sounds like.
>
> Opps! You're right, but then this topic doesn't belong on
> G-Groups,
> does it?
>
> As far as compatibility, don't all LCDs support basic
> 640x480, or am I
> mistaken? I'd think with a simple Mac-to-VGA adapter you'd
> still get
> video on any 4x3 aspect ratio LCD?

It might not be possible in  this case, but in general I support the idea of
switching to lcds. I have a 15" NEC lcd hooked up to my Quadra 950 (with a VGA
adapter). Works great. The reason for choosing a 15" ( apart from low cost) is
that it's native resolution is 1024 x 768 which suits the Quadra. If you are
not using the native resolution then LCDs are not so good in my opinion.

Even though he is long gone, somebody is still maintaining Gambas useful
website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/cpumonmatrix.html