On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio
<fluxstrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is nothing wrong with the LEM swap list. In fact I think it is a great
> resource and has served most of us well.

Indeed, I have gotten several things here.

> Many of us also know about Goodwill stores and the opportunities there to
> help your communities by buying there or donating items. And many times old
> Macs can be found there for a song.

My local Salvation Army frequently tosses printers and PCs (and the
rare Mac they get in).
The Goodwill I work for (their overall, Regional I do believe, website
is mokangoodwill.org) will take in your old computers and peripherals
(fax machines too) but they don't sell them. Instead they package them
up and send them to be recycled by Dell. They might keep the rare,
nearly new laptop but all the rest is shipped off. I am TRYING to get
them to sell me an eMac but I lost out on a Smurf, a Quadra and a IIvx
that I really wanted.

> But how many of you know of the Yahoo group " Freecycle" ?

I know about it.
I haven't used it but on the other hand, I have been given plenty of
older computers and peripherals by people I know.

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind;
to go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")