On Oct 28, 9:46 am, Brian Christmas <b...@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> The first thing that comes to mind is that both of you have different
> versions of Clarisworks, and you might need to save the spreadsheet in
> an older format.

Like Brian said.

> The second thing is are you sure the other party hasn't got
> Appleworks, which is what ClarisWorks became before it was terminated.
> I don't know if Appleworks can open old ClarisWorks files.

AppleWorks can open some ClarisWorks files.  Not CW 3 and older.  They
need to be converted by a later version of CW or a utility.  This may
also be true of CW 4 files.  But CW 5 files should open just fine.

> FWIW my old Appleworks 6 still works fine under Snow Leopard; if you
> want a copy, email me.

One can upgrade CW to latest AW with online downloads from Apple.

Al Poulin