I have ClarisWorks 4, which can import from CW 3, so I could do that
conversion for you, if the file is not confidential.
Or you can send me a similar dummy spreadsheet first for testing.
But the main question is what program your friend has for opening the
file???

On the other hand, your ClarisWorks should be able to save the
spreadsheet in Excel format or some spreadsheet exchange format, like
DIF, but you'll lose formatting and stuff. At least my CW4 can do
that. What version do you have?