On Nov 26, 2009, at 11:07 PM, Gus wrote:

> I have a G3 B&W with USB 1.0.  When they say that USB is backwards
> compatible, does that mean a USB 2.0 device will work on a 1.0
> interface, or does that only mean a USB 1.0 Device will work on a USB
> 2.0 Interface.

Most of the time a USB 2.0 device will work on a USB 1.1 bus just
fine, albeit at USB 1.1 speeds.

I have run into a few USB 2.0 devices that "Mean It!", but not in
quite a while.

In my experience they were very early USB 2.0 devices, like DVD burners.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD